September 5, 2016 — Time for more fun and a look back at the week on Lindenlink. Let’s jump in with some pats on the back.
- Excellent football game photos, including an incredible, potential award-winner, from Carly Fristoe. The only downside for photos like this is that they set the bar high for the rest of the semester. 🙂
- A useful story about free Microsoft Office 2016 for students. The story includes links the readers could use to get the free software.
- The editor-of-the-day system is back in place, and it’s already resulted in some articles. One thing, though, daily editors shouldn’t think they are necessarily done for the day when a story is posted. If some other important news happens after a story is posted, the editor needs to work to get something up on the new story.
Now, a few things to work on:
- We got the football preview game up on the day of the game. Let’s work harder to get preview stories, sports and otherwise, posted at least a couple of days before the event.
- We need to include more links in stories, especially those taken from the Legacy.
- When we include links in stories, make sure to check the box next to “open link in a new window/tab” so that the link opens a new window.
- Editing has been good, but the team name “Lions” is lowercased in the volleyball headline.